You do not need to be wealthy to leave a legacy. Make your core values known by supporting the mission of The Indiana Society of the Sons of the American Revolution (Indiana SAR) and making a planned gift to the Indiana SAR. Members of our Legacy Fellowship are generous and forward thinking donors who will support our long-term success and be long remembered. In addition to supporting our work through your generous cash donations, here are other ways you can contribute to the sustainability of the Indiana SAR in the long term. Many of these options are a win-win for the donor and the organization. We encourage you to consult with your financial advisor to discuss the tax implications of these options.
- Bequests One of the easiest ways to help involves simply naming The Indiana Society of the Sons of the American Revolution as a beneficiary in your will and living trust. A bequest may be for a particular dollar amount or percentage of your estate. Estate tax savings may be significant.
- Life Insurance Policy and Retirement Assets Often overlooked by donors, naming The Indiana Society of the Sons of the American Revolution as a partial beneficiary of these assets can provide support for the organization.
- Life Income Gifts Life income gifts allow you to leave a gift in the care of The Indiana Society of the Sons of the American Revolution, while earning income for yourself during your lifetime. The two most popular life income gifts are charitable remainder trusts and charitable gift annuities.
- Complex Gifts If you are a business owner, own real property or have any other type of complex asset, giving options exist that can both help The Indiana Society of the Sons of the American Revolution and benefit your family financially.
Legacy society members become a special part of The Indiana Society of the Sons of the American Revolution donor family. They are also honored with:
- Recognition on our website
- Tributes in publications such as The Hoosier Patriot
- Special commendations for various levels of Legacy Fellowship donations
Contact Wayne Eells (State Treasurer) to discuss becoming a member in the Indiana Sons of the American Revolution Legacy Fellowship at Telephone (317) 727-8651 and WEells@rugbyIndiana.com.
Jeffrey W. Jones
Indiana State President